Cosmetic Acupuncture, the Natural Facelift
Cosmetic acupuncture may be a trendy new buzz term in the news and magazines nowadays, but this medicine has been around for centuries. Historically, acupuncture was used as the emperor’s medicine and the emperor’s needs were pretty straight forward: he wanted longevity and he wanted to remain virile. Of course, the women in the ancient emperor’s court wanted similar things: Beauty and Fertility – the gifts of youth. Ancient Chinese women used acupuncture methods, Chinese herbal teas and jade to prolong youth and age gracefully.
What can Cosmetic Acupuncture do for you?
- Natural facelift
- Natural collagen production
- Fill out wrinkles
- Erase laugh lines and crows feet
- Lift “jowls” and sagging skin
- Improve skin tone and texture
- Increase glow and radiance of the skin
- Makes skin more supple and elastic
- Increase lymph circulation and detox
- Decrease stress and improve immunity and help prevent the future formation of wrinkles
Why go Natural with Cosmetic Acupuncture?
- It’s a natural facelift!
- No invasive cuts
- No Chemicals
- No down time
- No “frozen face”
- Subtle and natural results that don’t look like you’ve “had work done”!
- Radiance in your face because you look and FEEL younger.
How does Cosmetic Acupuncture work?
- A wrinkle in the skin is formed by the furrowing of collagen. Very thin, sterile needles are inserted at the site of the furrow to lift and fill in the area to encourage the body to produce natural collagen thus smoothing the area.
- Sagging skin can be counteracted by increasing and lifting the qi (energy), bringing oxygen saturated blood and nutrients into the area.
- Chinese herbal teas and masks help regenerate skin and increase tone.
Is Cosmetic Acupuncture better than Botox or Fillers
I can’t say that it’s “better”, but I will say that it is different. Botox paralyzes the facial muscle to prevent wrinkles from occurring. And what happens when you don’t use muscles? They become flaccid and they sag. Cosmetic Acupuncture fills out your wrinkles while still allowing full facial expressions. Cosmetic Acupuncture is more subtle than Botox and fillers, and gives you natural results that never look like you’ve “had work done”. Most patients who see me say that other people notice that they look very refreshed and as if they are “glowing”. I personally love that other people notice significant improvement but can’t quite tell if they’ve had “work done”!
From my clinical experience, one can experience an instant refresher in the first visit. Most patients come out of the first visit looking well rested and as if they’ve received a rejuvenating facial. Moderate lifting and plumping of wrinkles can be seen in 2-3 treatments. Significant changes are usually seen in 5-8 sessions. Cosmetic acupuncture is a medicine that is more effective with momentum. Treatments are administered twice a week. Once my patient has received their desired results, they enter a maintenance plan that schedules a “refresher” treatment once every month or every other month.
At Acufunkture, you receive a Cosmetic Acupuncture treatment plan that is tailored to your specific needs. We don’t just treat your face, but your body and spirit as well. You look beautiful when you truly feel beautiful.
See Kathleen Funk, LAc of Acufunkture featured on the news ABC13 Houston: http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=news/consumer&id=9435888
For updates on Acufunkture news, events and specials, sign up for the Newsletter!